- Biting your nails
- Poor sleeping habits (insomnia)
- Pulling your hair out
- Worrying, checking or counting more than you need to
If you repeat a behaviour time and time again the mind assumes the behaviour is useful and it then becomes controlled by the subconscious mind to avoid wasting conscious attention.
Once the subconscious mind has taken over a habit you do it so automatically that you may not even realise when you are doing it. There is no conscious choice or decision making involved.
Do you have any habits you could do without? If so awareness is the first step to change.
First there is a trigger or cue (eg location, time of day, emotional state, thought, belief, other people or a pattern of behaviour)
- which then triggers a routine (behaviour)
- and then you get the reward you want (something that your brain likes that helps it remember the habit in the future)
- eg biting your nails to alleviate stress
It is never too late to break a habit. Hypnotherapy can help because it works with the subconscious mind which is controlling the habit.
You will need to commit to change but once you choose to rid yourself of the habit, with some work on your behalf, and my help you will find that it is easier than you thought.
Make the rest of your life the best of your life.