As hypnotherapy is hands-off and non-invasive, it is one of the most relaxing, enjoyable and safe therapies to be used during pregnancy and childbirth.
Whatever stage of starting or continuing your family you are at, hypnotherapy can help you to have the most enjoyable pregnancy possible and enable you to look forward to a calm, relaxed, easier labour and childbirth. Hypnosis provides the tools, skills and knowledge to reduce fear and build confidence in childbirth.
Statistically those who use hypnosis during childbirth do tend to have shorter labours, need less medication or medical intervention, and experience quicker recoveries and a lower incidence of post natal depression than those who do not.
Each programme will be different but might include:-
- anxiety and stress reduction to remove fear
- helping you get into the best possible frame of mind and physical condition to increase the chances of conceiving
- deal with issues about becoming a parent
- build confidence and self esteem
- pain relief techniques
- self hypnosis and relaxation to help you stay alert but at the same time shut out the world and focus on relaxing your body
- breathing techniques to help you cope in labour and your partner remain relaxed throughout.
My treatment programmes are bespoke to you and your partner and are tailored to your needs and desires.
The programme would preferably involve your birthing partner, allowing them to be informed, involved, have jobs to do, and in the most relaxed state during childbirth.
Babies that are born to mums that have practised hypnosis and deep relaxation techniques during labour may also be calmer, sleep better and feed better.
Make the rest of your life the best of your life.