There are 4000 chemicals in cigarettes, 600 of which are poisonous and at least 42 are considered to be carcinogenic.
Smoking is not your fault and is not part of your identity.
Addiction to nicotine is both physical and psychological. Nicotine hijacks the natural survival systems in the brain making the mind “believe” that smoking is essential for life. This combined with emotional triggers and habits makes it difficult to stop smoking or even cut down. Many people stop smoking on several occasions before they finally stop for good.
Hypnotherapy combined with behavioural techniques really does make it possible for you to walk away and never smoke another cigarette or Ecig.
Knowing what made you go back to it before will enable me to tailor your therapy to make it as effective as possible.
Hypnosis is not mind control or a magic wand and you really must WANT to stop smoking in order for it to be a success for you.
- 20 minutes after quitting your heart rate and blood pressure drops
- 12 hours after quitting the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal
- 2 weeks to 3 months after quitting your circulation improves and your lung function increases
- 1 to 9 months after quitting coughing and shortness of breath decrease
- 1 year after quitting the excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of smoker’s
- 5 years after quitting your stroke risk is reduced to that of a non smoker
- 10 years after quitting the lung cancer death rate is about half that of a person who continues to smoke; The risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, oesophagus, bladder, cervix and pancreas decrease too
- 15 year’s after quitting the risk of coronary heart disease is the same as a non- smoker
- you will save money
- you are protecting your family or setting them a better example
- you will look and feel younger
- you will feel better about yourself
If you feel that you are now ready to stop smoking cigarettes or ecigs then 1 session of hypnotherapy could be just the help you need
Once I have made you an appointment preparation before our appointment is a must.
I will ask you to start preparing immediately and suggest tasks to interrupt your smoking patterns/ habits to bring your smoking from being subconscious to being conscious.
I will send you a questionnaire to complete and email or post back to me in advance of our appointment.
I need to know what your environmental and emotional triggers are, what are your high risk times, places, people and emotions. I need to know your exact reasons for stopping and what is motivating you. Everyone is unique. Your thoughts, triggers and reasons for smoking are unique to you.
This begins to prime your mind for the change that is to come.
This will be around 2 to 2 ½ hours. About half of the session will be spent talking about you and your relationship with smoking, addressing any concerns that you may have and planning your therapy.
We will work in hypnosis during the other half.
You will be provided with a hypnotic audio to listen to regularly and will be taught techniques to use after the session to support the transition to being a non smoker.
This is offered within 3 months of your appointment.
Whilst I aim for 1 session to be sufficient there may be times when you need to come back such as if you are tempted or return to it, become stressed, gain weight. You can see me for 1 hour session at no further cost.
I offer a couples discount if both you and your partner want to stop smoking together. NB The discount applies to 2 adults at the same address with separate appointments made directly one after the other.
Make the rest of your life the best of your life.